Thursday, March 24, 2011

Little Bronze Wooden Box

I bought this little wooden box at the thrift store and thought it would be a great project to "re-do". When I bought it I could tell it was a child's box used for holding crayons and markers. It was bright blue and had wooden bugs on the drawers. It was probably cute when it was new, but it was ready for the dump when I found it.
After cleaning it up (which took a lot of work) I added the wood pieces to the top. It just needed a "little something". I also replaced the bug wood pieces with the round knobs on the drawers. Next I painted the whole thing pink, drawers and all. I looked at that pink for weeks and weeks and decided it Would Not Do! So I tried painting it a Gleams ivory. That just looked streaked, even after several coats, so I eventually ended up painting it this shiny bronze. Seemed to be the best choice for this box. The inside drawers are still pinkish ivory. I added the creamy lace, pearl and bow accents on the top to jazz it up a little.
This box is now available for sale at Aunt Elsie's gift shop in Gardner Village, Salt Lake City. I also took up the green box (below) and filled it with hand-painted Easter eggs, similar to the painted egg I posted earlier on this blog.


1 comment:

  1. Ceekay told me there were some very talented people on the blogs and she was right!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete