Thursday, January 3, 2013

A visit to St. James Tearoom

 As a special treat to myself I splurged and made a reservation for tea time at this elegant tearoom.  The St. James Tearoom in Albuquerque, New Mexico is an exceptionally delightful place to visit.  As I arrived (with quite a few other ladies who also had reservations) we were greeted by two friendly hostesses.  They let us know that when we heard the "bell" it was time to go back to the main hostess to be seated to our little private dining areas.  I was seated in a warm cozy room with tea already set out just for me.  My hostess gave me guidance on the different teas that would be served (3 different types), and then brought the three-tiered plates of goodies.  What a relaxing, yummy experience. All of the food was a culinary masterpiece.  All of the staff were so friendly and gracious.  I felt sincerely welcomed and appreciated for being there.  I also felt well-cared for during my visit.  This is definitely a place I will want to go back to.  Maybe it would be a fun place to take my granddaughters.  I understand they present "Fairy Teas" for children.



No comments:

Post a Comment